About the Role
The purpose of SOLINK’s Electrical Engineer is to manage and coordinate site assessments, detailed
feasibility and procurement processes of renewable energy projects on behalf of SOLINK’s clients. This role
will include regular client engagements, project feasibility modelling and management of procurement
processes from development of tender documentation through to project award.
The candidate must be a problem solver and solution finder with drive to seek continuous improvement.
This position will help drive the company forward and towards achieving its vision.
What you will be doing:
● Managing renewable energy project feasibility analyses across multiple sites including:
○ Understanding site conditions and information gathering
○ Client requirements and objectives
○ Business case assessments through financial and yield modelling
○ Project permitting and technical due diligence
○ Reporting and client engagement
○ Greenfield solar PV and battery project development
● Arranging and running project meetings with multiple project stakeholders, distributing agendas and taking meeting minutes
● Managing procurement process:
○ Development of tender documentation
○ Liaising with EPCs/ IPP’s on tender requirements
○ Tender adjudication and reporting
● Ad hoc technical and commercial project analyses
● Interface with SOLINK Construction Management and operations departments
● Developing and refining SOLINK’s Procurement department’s scope and tools
R 360 000 - R 480 000 cost to company per annum.
APPLY AT https://forms.gle/LiZQkBDZSPSF3kKK7
Technical qualification (B/Bsc Eng - Electrical/Mechanical/Mechatronic)
Minimum two years Project Engineer/Manager/Consulting experience in the engineering
Good understanding of financial drivers and metrics of renewable energy systems
Valid driver’s licence
Solar PV project management experience
Electrical engineer experience / Electrical qualification
Solar PV project engineering experience (preferably in the South African C&I embedded
Financial modelling experience
Project management qualification
Solar PV draughting or design experience
Familiar with Google Workspace
The candidate should have excellent communication and organisational skills.
About the Company
About Us/ Company Description:
SOLINK is a specialized renewable energy consultancy that makes the purchasing of renewable energy systems, whether through financed options or direct capital investment, as simple, efficient, and risk-free for the client as possible.
SOLINK has extensive knowledge of all the major suppliers in the market, the latest technologies, current legislation, and legal requirements, as well as system construction and financing costs.
SOLINK can assess the business case, structure and run the procurement process, manage the legal contracts required to appoint suppliers, oversee the project construction, and once constructed can independently monitor a system's performance to ensure optimal outputs in line with the agreed energy guarantees.
SOLINK is a dynamic and young company with large ambitions to have a positive impact on the renewable energy sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. This role provides the candidate an opportunity to fulfil a role in a rapidly growing company with large potential.