About the Role
The candidate must be a problem solver and solution finder with drive to seek continuous improvement.
This position will help drive the company forward and towards achieving its vision.
What you will be doing:
● Management of renewable energy project feasibility analyses across multiple sites, including:
○ Understanding site conditions and information gathering
○ Assisting with determining the best energy Solution for Client’s needs
○ Business case assessments through financial and yield modeling
○ Project permitting (SSEGs etc) and technical due diligence
○ Reporting and client engagement
○ Greenfield solar PV and battery project development
○ Stay on the forefront of market movements; proposing new strategies to establish energy
● Assistance with managing tender process:
○ Assisting with development of tender documentation
○ Liaising with EPCs/ IPP’s on tender requirements
○ Assisting with tender adjudication and reporting
● Interface with SOLINK Construction Management and operations departments
What is in it for you:
● Exposure and rapid learning curve to the embedded and distributed solar PV and energy storage
markets in South Africa
● Opportunity to work with a fast-growing market leader in the South African renewable energy market
● Introduction to tools and processes used in the RE market
● Start networking in the RSA renewable energy space
R300,000 - R360,000 cost to company per annum. Final offer in line with Candidate experience and
APPLY AT https://forms.gle/pQrZP2usix5EHt2A8
Technical qualification (B/Bsc Eng - Electrical/Mechanical/Mechatronic)
Valid driver’s licence
MSc Engineering Degree (or similar)
One year work experience
Autocad LT exposure
Electrical engineering background or experience
Experience with google workplace (docs, sheets, slides)
Own Transport and drivers license
Reside in Cape Town or the immediate surrounds
About the Company
About Us/ Company Description:
SOLINK is a specialized renewable energy consultancy that makes the purchasing of renewable energy systems, whether through financed options or direct capital investment, as simple, efficient, and risk-free for the client as possible.
SOLINK has extensive knowledge of all the major suppliers in the market, the latest technologies, current legislation, and legal requirements, as well as system construction and financing costs.
SOLINK can assess the business case, structure and run the procurement process, manage the legal contracts required to appoint suppliers, oversee the project construction, and once constructed can independently monitor a system's performance to ensure optimal outputs in line with the agreed energy guarantees.
SOLINK is a dynamic and young company with large ambitions to have a positive impact on the renewable energy sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. This role provides the candidate an opportunity to fulfil a role in a rapidly growing company with large potential.