About the Role
What you will be doing:
● Coordinate and manage scheduled project meetings, milestone assessments and contractor claims
● Facilitating solar PV contractors in delivering successful projects throughout the entire project cycle
● Site visits and quality inspections during feasibility and construction phases
● Representing the Client in contract negotiation and supplier due diligence
● Managing projects as the Principal Agent working with client-appointed quantity surveyors, architects and structural engineers
● Ensuring the design is executed in accordance with the contracts in place, with the project specifications and in compliance with construction good practices, local rules and standards
● Detailed design interrogation, drawings, calculations, datasheets, procedure and documentation for the project provided
● Developing lessons learnt and return on experience
● Tracking of key deliverables
● Contract management - EPC tender design, coordination, management, evaluation and review
● Monitoring and reporting on PV projects through the construction and operational phases
● Providing technical engineering support on PV projects at all stages of the project development cycle
What is in it for you:
● Exposure and rapid learning curve to the embedded and distributed solar PV and energy storage markets in South Africa
● Opportunity to work with a fast-growing market leader in the South African renewable energy market
● Introduction to tools and processes used in the RE market
● Start networking in the RSA renewable energy space
The candidate should have excellent communication and organisational skills. The candidate will be joining a dynamic team that is growing and should be able to adjust to the rapidly changing landscape of renewable projects in South Africa.
R360 000 - R500 000 cost to company per annum.
Final offer in line with Candidate experience and qualifications.
APPLY AT https://forms.gle/NAanuRD11Vj8GDjm8
Knowledge and experience on JBCC Minor Works Agreement/Principal Building Agreements.
Technical Qualification (B/Bsc Eng or B Tech) or PMP certification
Minimum two years of development/construction Project Management/Principal Agent experience
Excellent communication and presentation skills
One year of solar PV Project Engineering and/or Management experience (preferably in the C&I embedded
Electrical Qualification or wireman’s licence
Solar PV draughting or design experience
Familiar with Google Workspace
Consultancy experience or Lenders TA, Construction Monitoring or Owner’s Engineering experience
Knowledge of the design, construction, operations and maintenance of electrical/mechanical PV system
Key Performance Metrics
The successful candidate will be evaluated on key project metrics and deliverables when assessing work performance. These metrics will be linked to the successful delivery of the candidate’s projects.
About the Company
SOLINK is looking for a Project Manager to manage a portfolio of construction projects in the capacity of
Principal Agent/Owners Engineer across all sectors of the solar PV market. The position can be based in
either Cape Town or Johannesburg, with frequent travel across parts of South Africa expected.
Reports to: Head of Projects
Contract type: Permanent local contract
Starting date: ASAP
About Us/ Company Description:
SOLINK is a specialized renewable energy consultancy that makes the purchasing of renewable energy systems, whether through financed options or direct capital investment, as simple, efficient, and risk-free for the client as possible.
SOLINK has extensive knowledge of all the major suppliers in the market, the latest technologies, current legislation, and legal requirements, as well as system construction and financing costs.
SOLINK can assess the business case, structure and run the procurement process, manage the legal contracts required to appoint suppliers, oversee the project construction, and once constructed can independently monitor a system's performance to ensure optimal outputs in line with the agreed energy guarantees.