About the Role
What you will be doing:
● Engage with Supply Authorities in understanding their technical requirements for grid connection of renewable generators.
● Engaging with field specialists for provision of technical assessments (Grid studies, Power Quality Assessments, etc).
● Developing Technical Specifications
● Ad hoc technical and commercial project analyses
● Interface with SOLINK Construction Management and operations departments
● Undertake project drawings assessments, providing feedback on project designs against:
○ SOLINK’s RFP Documentation
○ National Standards, and distributors requirements
○ National and International best practices
● Assist on technical aspects of Distributor Applications, and meeting with Distributors on
particularly onerous grid connection applications.
● Assist with Business research and development
R50 000 - R65 000 cost to company per month.
APPLY AT https://forms.gle/LKbFY9paxSSDpvQP7
Technical qualification (B/Bsc Eng - Electrical/Mechanical/Mechatronic)
Minimum two years of solar PV project engineering experience - as a PV design engineer
(preferably in the South African C&I embedded generation market)
Good understanding of financial drivers and metrics of renewable energy systems
Good technical grasp of solar PV design considerations, interconnection detail, protection and control schemas, earthing arrangements etc..
Working understanding of the South African Grid Code for RPPs, Distribution Network Code,
NRS 097, 048 and 047, and relevant SANS electrical standards.
Valid driver’s licence
Solar PV Rooftop, Carport and Ground Mount project experience.
Masters in Electrical Engineering
Design/Engineering experience in Battery Energy Storage Systems.
Financial modelling experience
Familiar with Google Workspace
Modest MV and diesel generator experience
About the Company
About Us/ Company Description:
SOLINK is a specialized renewable energy consultancy that makes the purchasing of renewable energy systems, whether through financed options or direct capital investment, as simple, efficient, and risk-free for the client as possible.
SOLINK has extensive knowledge of all the major suppliers in the market, the latest technologies, current legislation, and legal requirements, as well as system construction and financing costs.
SOLINK can assess the business case, structure and run the procurement process, manage the legal contracts required to appoint suppliers, oversee the project construction, and once constructed can independently monitor a system's performance to ensure optimal outputs in line with the agreed energy guarantees.
SOLINK is a dynamic and young company with large ambitions to have a positive impact on the renewable energy sector in Sub-Saharan Africa. This role provides the candidate an opportunity to fulfil a role in a rapidly growing company with large potential.
SOLINK is looking for an experienced Senior Renewable Energy Engineer to manage the development of RFP
Technical Specifications (Solar PV, Energy Storage, Diesel generators at Low and Medium Voltage interconnections); undertake design reviews; and engage with respective Supply Authorities for the approval of embedded generators across all sectors of the market.
The position will be based in Cape Town with travel across parts of South Africa expected.