About the Role
What you will be doing:
● Work within a team of developers to maintain and develop the backend systems to support the SOLTRAK Platform
● Work within a team of developers focused on delivering requirements on time and to high standards
● Working closely with the front end developers to plan, create and maintain the GraphQL API.
● Managing the development of backend applications
● Deliver high quality, scalable solutions and code to ensure the quality of ongoing projects
● Meeting individual client’s requirements and standards
● Managing DevOps (testing, deployment, monitoring and security)
● Planning and managing database migrations
● Carry out research and development ahead of future projects and make necessary recommendations ahead of any planning stages
● Ensure tooling and software systems are always current and relevant in aiding the engineering team with the development process
● Develop and maintain a React/GraphQL/Typescript platform at a high level of code quality. Help with the hosting and scaling of the application through effective cloud engineering. Assist with code reviews and enforcing a high standard of code creation.
What is in it for you:
● Exposure to the embedded and distributed solar PV markets in South Africa
● Introduction to tools and processes used in the Renewable Energy market
● Start networking in the RSA renewable energy space
● Exposure to a full stack development environment.
● Working with the latest web (browser) technologies.
● Working with an experienced team, with growth potential
● Actively adding to the look and feel of the product
APPLY AT https://forms.gle/nTw9AtX1nXWmRwdg8
Qualification & Skill Requirements:
2-3 years experience architecting and building complex applications.
Deep understanding of web development
Experience build NodeJS API application (Preferably GraphQL)
Frontend development experience (React preferably)
Experience in software architecture design
DevOps: Configure CI/CD tools
Source control via Git or similar.
B.Sc Degree Required
B.Sc Degree a bonus (experience is preferential over qualifications)
AWS Ecosystem (Lambda functions, Cognito, RDS, S3)
Any exposure to Python/Django
Experience with commercial power systems particularly solar PV
Option for remote working negotiable
-In office work for the first month is preferred.
About the Company
About Us/ Company Description:
SOLINK is a specialized renewable energy consultancy that makes the purchasing of renewable energy systems, whether through financed options or direct capital investment, as simple, efficient, and risk-free for the client as possible.
SOLINK has extensive knowledge of all the major suppliers in the market, the latest technologies, current legislation, and legal requirements, as well as system construction and financing costs.
SOLINK can assess the business case, structure and run the procurement process, manage the legal contracts required to appoint suppliers, oversee the project construction, and once constructed can independently monitor a system's performance to ensure optimal outputs in line with the agreed energy guarantees.
SOLINK is a dynamic and young company with large ambitions to have a positive impact on the renewable energy sector in Sub-Saharan Africa.
This role provides the candidate an opportunity to fulfil a role in a rapidly growing company with large potential.