About the Role
What you will be doing:
● Coordinate and manage scheduled project meetings, milestone assessments and contractor claims.
● Facilitating solar PV contractors in delivering successful projects throughout the entire project cycle.
● Site visits and quality inspections during feasibility and construction phases.
● Representing the Client in contract negotiation and supplier due diligence.
● Managing projects as the Principal Agent working with client-appointed quantity surveyors, architects and structural engineers.
● Ensuring the design is executed in accordance with the contracts in place, with the project specifications and in compliance with construction good practices, local rules and standards.
● Detailed design interrogation, drawings, calculations, datasheets, procedure and documentation for the project provided.
● Developing lessons learned and return on experience.
● Tracking of key deliverables.
● Contract management - EPC tender design, coordination, management, evaluation and review.
● Monitoring and reporting on PV projects through the construction and operational phases.
● Providing technical engineering support on PV projects at all stages of the project development cycle.
What is in it for you:
● Exposure and rapid learning curve to wheeled energy market in South Africa
● Opportunity to work with a fast-growing market leader in the South African renewable energy market
● Introduction to tools and processes used in the RE market
● Start networking in the RSA renewable energy space
Key Performance Metrics:
The successful candidate will be evaluated on key project metrics and deliverables when assessing work performance. These metrics will be linked to the successful delivery of the candidate’s projects.
R360 000 - R540 000 cost to company per annum (negotiable)
APPLY AT https://forms.gle/rEXs1tFgC8zRenHY7
Knowledge and experience in JBCC Minor Works Agreement/Principal Building Agreements.
Technical Qualification (B/Bsc Eng or B Tech) or PMP certification.
Minimum two years of development/construction Project Management/Principal Agent experience.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
One year of solar PV Project Engineering and/or Management experience (preferably in the C&I embedded generation market).
Electrical Qualification or wireman’s licence.
Solar PV draughting or design experience.
Familiar with Google Workspace.
Consultancy experience or Lenders TA, Construction Monitoring or Owner’s Engineering experience.
Knowledge of the design, construction, operations and maintenance of electrical/mechanical PV system components.
The candidate should have excellent communication and organisational skills. The candidate will be joining a dynamic team that is growing and should be able to adjust to the rapidly changing landscape of renewable projects in South Africa.
About the Company
About Us/ Company Description:
SOLINK is a specialized solar consultancy that makes the purchasing of renewable energy and energy storage systems, whether through financed options or direct capital investment, as simple, efficient, and risk-free for the client as possible.
SOLINK has extensive knowledge of all the major suppliers in the market, the latest technologies, current legislation, legal requirements, and system construction and financing costs.
SOLINK can assess the business case, structure and run the procurement process, manage the legal contracts required to appoint suppliers, oversee the project construction, and, once constructed, independently monitor a system's performance to ensure optimal outputs in line with the agreed energy guarantees.
SOLINK is looking for a Project Manager to manage a portfolio of construction projects in the capacity of Principal Agent/Owners Engineer across all sectors of the solar PV market. The position is based in Cape Town, with frequent travel across parts of South Africa expected.